Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hope for humanity

You know, I had this big rant focused in my head this late morning/early afternoon as I cleaned my rooms, and muttered under my breath about the stupid heads that I had in a stayover, and I gave EXCEPTIONAL service too, leaving extra towels as I saw baby things, and know that babies take extra absorbancy, left a HUGE mess for me.. left no tip..... 

I was irritated for hours. 

THEN i started on my final room of the day.  A stayover.  As I was about to go into it, this group of people started down the hallway.  I forced a smile and tried desperately to make it go to my eyes as i said "Hi! How are you guys today?" The two men smiled back at me and said hi in return said "good" , but the final woman that was trailing behind them stopped, tilted her head, and said "Good, how about you, honey? How are you?" I paused and i felt every ounce of irritation seep out of me, my smile became more genuine as I could feel the actual curiosity of how I was pouring from her. 
I simply smiled in return and said "I'm doing pretty good now that my day is about over...."
She chuckled and said; "And it's nice and sunny out, get out there and enjoy it, honey."
I told her, "Oh I plan on it, gonna take my kids out and enjoy the sunshine."
her eyes brightened up and said "Enjoy it while it lasts, they're callin' for rain." Walked a bit away from me and said "Have a good day!" 

Just that small conversation and hearing the genuine curiosity from her on how I was doing made my day so much better.  The kindness of one woman took the entire rant out of me.

Hope for humanity has been restored... for a while anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment